Xfwm4 4.11 vs Compton

Guillaume Laville laville.guillaume at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 09:05:46 CET 2013

Hi

I daily use xfwm-4.11 on Ubuntu 13.10 and Archlinux with Compton,
using Intel/NVIDIA graphic cards and the GLX backend, without problems.

Without Compton, I still have tearing while playing blu-rays using VLC,
with or without the new xfwm4 "sync to vblank" setting.

This setting can in any case be enabled/disabled in the "compositor"
settings panel,
should you have any issue, so keeping both repositories enabled is fine.