XFCE 4.10 freezes windows in upper left hand corner. FIXED

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Wed May 29 17:41:21 CEST 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-29 at 10:10 -0400, john Culleton wrote:
> On Tue, 28 May 2013 22:04:00 -0400
> Greg Folkert <greg at gregfolkert.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 17:27 -0400, john Culleton wrote:
> > > When I fire up Seamonkey, a version of Mozilla, it goes to the upper
> > > left hand corner and can't be moved. The file menu won't work. I
> > > had to use <ctrl> Q to kill it.
> > >
> > > KDE has neither of these problems.
> > >
> > > I have xrandr in play to get a more reasonable size of objects on my
> > > screen. Could that be the problem?
> >
> > Is XFWM4 (the XFCE Window Manager" running? If not, then you'll never
> > get to put the windows anywhere you want and only will they show up
> > cemented/frozen to the upper left hand corner.
> >
> > Do the "alt-F2" thing and type in "xfwm4" and run... I'm betting
> > that'll fix it.
> >
> Absolutely! Now I have one more thing to fix. I usually run four
> desktops. How do I set that number and how do I navigate from one to
> another?

Goto setting (Xfce Menu) -> Settings -> Panel

If no panels, hit the big plus sign. select the new panel. the Add...
the Wprkspace Switcher.

Configure workspace switcher to you hearts content. Move things
around... etc.
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
"Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to
you in life."
    -- John F. Kennedy