XFCE 4.10 freezes windows in upper left hand corner.

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Wed May 29 04:04:00 CEST 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 17:27 -0400, john Culleton wrote:
> When I fire up Seamonkey, a version of Mozilla, it goes to the upper
> left hand corner and can't be moved. The file menu won't work. I had to
> use <ctrl> Q to kill it.
>
> KDE has neither of these problems.
>
> I have xrandr in play to get a more reasonable size of objects on my
> screen. Could that be the problem?

Is XFWM4 (the XFCE Window Manager" running? If not, then you'll never
get to put the windows anywhere you want and only will they show up
cemented/frozen to the upper left hand corner.

Do the "alt-F2" thing and type in "xfwm4" and run... I'm betting that'll
fix it.

greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes."
    -- Oscar Wilde