Linking mouse button to command

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Fri May 17 14:10:24 CEST 2013

I have mouse button 10 and 11 that I want to use to control volume.
Yes, I have the audio mixer working. Yes I have it working via keyboard.
Yet not always will I have those and sometimes the screen is not even on
or visible, so all I want is to control it with the mouse buttons.

I am running XFCE 4.10 on openSUSE.

I also know of btnx and btnx-config, but  wonder if there is an other way
of doing this.

So basically I want to link button 10 to `amixer set Master 3+` and buuton
11 to `amixer set Master 3-` (or a bash script that does the same, or a
key stroke that does the same)

houghi
--

You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building.
Around you is a forest.  A small stream flows out of the building and