xubuntu 12.10 has stopped boo

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Fri Mar 29 23:24:02 CET 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-29 at 21:01 +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> I run xubuntu 12.10 and the system has stopped booting, it fails to get
> to the login screen.  It's not *very* broken because I can still run
> startx from one of the consoles and it runs the  GUI OK, it's just the
> login that isn't working.
[SNIP stuff]
> Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

Its not an XFCE issue. If your machine can;t even get to the Loging
Screen, it is the Display Manager that is causing you issues or even X.
Or what ever its called... Plymouth?

Just a guess.

From the snipped stuff you included, Also it looks like brltty was
removed or is not running properly...

This is most definitely not an XFCE issue.
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers."
    -- Plato