xfwm4 theme

Peter de Ridder peter at xfce.org
Thu Mar 21 17:21:19 CET 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Miguel Guedes
<miguel.a.guedes at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems as though if in a XPM pixmap in a themes' xfwm4 directory one
> appends the string "s active_color_2" the color preceding it is ignored.
>
> So, the following,
>
> "@      c #cecece s active_color_2",
>
>  would result in whatever color referenced by 'active_color_2' taking
> precedence over #cecece. (BTW, what does the 's' before 'active_color_2'
> stand for? Set? Are there others?)

s stands for symbolic [1]

> I found on XFCE's wiki [0] that "it is possible to make themes “pick-up”
> gtk theme colours." My question, then, is what does active_color_2 refer
> to in the active GTK's theme? (assuming GTK2 is being used)

Xfwm takes the colors from the GTK2 theme matching widget "xfwm" [2]

> Incidentally, does anyone know what each of the following correspond to
> in GTK?

These colors come from the GtkStyle [3] matching widget "xfwm".
fg and bg can be set in the GTK2 theme. light, dark and mid are
calculated by GtkStyle.

active_text_color             fg      selected
inactive_text_color           fg      insensitive
active_text_shadow_color      dark    selected
inactive_text_shadow_color    dark    insensitive
active_border_color           fg      normal
inactive_border_color         fg      normal
active_color_1                bg      selected
active_hilight_1              light   selected
active_shadow_1               dark    selected
active_mid_1                  mid     selected
active_color_2                bg      normal
active_hilight_2              light   normal
active_shadow_2               dark    normal
active_mid_2                  mid     normal
inactive_color_1              bg      insensitive
inactive_hilight_1            light   insensitive
inactive_shadow_1             dark    insensitive
inactive_mid_1                mid     insensitive
inactive_color_2              bg      normal
inactive_hilight_2            light   normal
inactive_shadow_2             dark    normal
inactive_mid_2                mid     normal

> [0] http://wiki.xfce.org/howto/xfwm4_theme

Regards,
Peter

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_PixMap#XPM3