The future of Xfce (or beating the Gtk3 horse to death)

Miguel Guedes miguel.a.guedes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 12:22:15 CET 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-20 at 10:21 +0000, cl at isbd.net wrote:
> Not all of them though.  I think there are some like me who use xfce
> simply because it's 'cleaner'

That would be me too. Although it's great that XFCE feels snappier and
doesn't consume as many resources as other DEs like KDE/Gnome, I don't
think that is (or should be) the main reason anymore. The fact is modern
hardware can handle pretty much anything you throw at it.

What attracted me to XFCE was its clean design, sufficient complexity
hidden behind an easy and logical to use interface, which IMHO allows
the user to accomplish tasks quickly and without irritating nags or
hassles.

--
Miguel