XFCE 4.10: New window's top decorations hidden behind panel

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 09:12:47 CET 2013

Thanks for your hint. In 4.10 there is a panel setting in the Display tab:

    [ ] Don't reserve space on the borders

I had that checked. I actually did so, after I notice that the desktop icons are closer to the border of the screen (although the icons are NOT covered by the panel bar!). I had no idea this also affected the positioning of new windows.....

I now unchecked this panel option and the positioning of new windows is OK.

Is this panel option not available in 4.8?

Rob.