ANNOUNCE: xfce4-vala 4.10.2 released

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at xfce.org
Sun Mar 3 22:18:22 CET 2013

2013/3/3 Maximilien Noal <noal.maximilien at gmail.com>:
> Le 03/03/2013 16:01, john Culleton a écrit :
>>
>> Apparently one must download and install Yet Another
>> Language to use this package. I already have
>> half a dozen languages on my box.
>> Will future versions of XFCE require Vala?
>
> No because Vala compiles to C and C only. Which is used to form binaries.
>
> Vala is just C with syntactic sugar.

Right.

Plus a release of a Vala application is usually provided with CCode
(it doesn't have to but it makes things easier,) so that you don't
need Vala if you compile from published releases. But obviously you
will need Vala if you build from the dev repo.

And NO, you don't need anything to install this package. It just
provides a bunch of plain text files (pkgconfig file and VAPI files.)

 - m