Putting apps on the header bar.

killermoehre killermoehre at gmx.net
Sat Jun 1 19:23:23 CEST 2013

Am 01.06.2013 19:17, schrieb john Culleton:

> Currently my XFCE displays two information bars, a short one at the
> foot of the window with six apps shown and a long one at the top that
> has the "K" symbol for dropping down the apps menu and submenus. This
> top bar also has icons for the four desktops I run. Active
> apps are also shown. Now I want to add some frequently used apps to one
> bar or the other. Thus far I have failed in this attempt. I got as far
> as selecting the app launcher but it never appeared on either
> information bar.
>
> Hints?

Hi John,

Well, if your xfce is recent enough, you could just drag'n'drop from the
start menu ("K" symbol (you used KDE before?)).
Another solution would be that you add a starter and than you configure
in the starter settings the wanted application. If you define multiple
applications, you'll get a drop down menu.
All this settings are available from the right click settings of the panel.

If you need more direct help, feel free to join irc://irc.freenode.net/xfce

Regards