ANNOUNCE: xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin 1.1.0 released

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Fri Jul 26 13:24:04 CEST 2013

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:41:38 +0200
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Graeme Gott <graeme at gottcode.org>
> wrote:
> > On 07/25/2013 09:20 PM, Arthur Johnson wrote:
> >> Dumb question, is there a way to get these menu popups to work
> >> without a panel? I use twm and xfce4-appfinder to launch things,
> >> but would like something faster.
> >
> > Not that I'm aware of. Both Whisker Menu and the regular Xfce
> > applications menu are panel applets, and require a panel to run. The
> > popup commands just tell the Xfce panel to pass an event to an
> > applet in the panel.
> >
> The user could, in principle, use a single instance of xfce4-panel
> with only one plugin in it. Then set the panel to autohide, and you're
> done.

There are Xfce applications such as ClipMan that are independent from
Xfce Panel. ClipMan can be used in Systray, too, outside of Xfce Panel.

I would like Xfce Whisker Menu to be also available outside of Xfce
Pannel in order to be used in Fluxbox, IceeWM, Openbox, TWM etc.

Proper English www.reddit.com/r/proper
4 teh lulz... http://email.is-not-s.ms