[Panel Plugin] Application Menu ignores Xdg

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Mon Jul 1 15:08:41 CEST 2013

On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 08:21:25 -0400
Graeme Gott <graeme at gottcode.org> wrote:

> On 07/01/2013 07:28 AM, Genghis Khan wrote:
> > Dear Xfce users,
> >
> > I was wondering if the Application Menu panel plugin is compliant
> > with Xdg or is this menu opening any desktop launcher of Link type,
> > of any protocol, in a default exo web browser?
> >
> > An example of desktop launcher of Link type is attached.
> > If I open it with Thunar 1.4.0 > SIP Client is launched. (good)
> > If I open it with Application Menu > Web Browser is launched. (bad)
>
> It looks to me like an oversight in garcon (the library used by the
> Application Menu panel plugin). Thunar just calls "exo-open" with the
> URL of the desktop file, but garcon calls "exo-open --launch
> WebBrowser" instead.

Thank you for your respond. Do you confirm this bug?

I just checked this desktop file with Whisker Menu and xfce4-appfinder
and they also launch a web browser like Application Menu does.

Whisker Menu and xfce4-appfinder would make good contact managers
for mailto: and sip: URIs.

Proper English www.reddit.com/r/proper
4 teh lulz... http://email.is-not-s.ms