keyboard shortcuts do not work

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Thu Feb 14 00:24:22 CET 2013

On 02/13/2013 06:06 PM, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> Greetings,
> I'm running xfce-4.8.3 (stock from Fedora17).  I've found that none of
> the keyboard shortcuts work.   They simply do nothing at all.  I even
> tried hitting the "Reset to Defaults" button in the Application
> Shortcuts tab of the 'Keyboard' settings panel, but still nothing.
>
> How do I debug this further?
>
> thanks!

One possibility:  check if xfsettingsd is running:

[darose at daroselin ~]$ ps ax | grep xfset
   497 ?        Ssl    0:00 xfsettingsd --display :0.0 --sm-client-id
25a56f990-127e-4f02-8cd7-59fd34883133
31692 pts/5    R+     0:00 grep xfset

If not, set it to turn on at login:

* Go into XFCE settings manager
* Click on "Session and startup"
* Click on "Application Autostart" tab

And log out and back in again to start it
* Log out of XFCE
* Log back in
* ps ax | grep xfset

HTH,