Black Lab Linux 4.2 Beta 1 released

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu Dec 5 17:06:20 CET 2013

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013, Roberto J Dohnert wrote:

> This is a valid related Linux announcement.

But this is not a list for Linux announcements.  It's not even a Linux
list, because Xfce is not Linux-only.

> It has been in development quite
> a while and we are letting people know that this distribution beta has
> released and they can assist in making it better.  As is the true spirit of
> Linux and open source, hence the Black Lab Linux Project is an open source
> project such as is XFCE and the very platform you are using now.

One test of spam is "does it scale?"  In other words, what if every guy
with his own distribution announces it on this list devoted to Xfce?
It would make the list unusable for its actual purpose.  This is known
as the "tragedy of the commons" and is why most mailing lists and forums
have policies against it.  Like your own forums, for instance.

> A commercial advertisement for goods means you HAVE to buy something.  Please
> learn the difference so you don't assume something nefarious is in the air.

The correct reaction after maiking a mistake is to apologize and try not
to do it again.  Please reconsider your approach.