Missing character on keyboard

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Tue Dec 3 09:55:15 CET 2013

On 02/12/13 18:09, houghi wrote:
> For future reference, for when it is needed, I use the following:
> http://www.hermit.org/Linux/ComposeKeys.html
> That makes it possible to make something like 10⁷ or 10³ or 2⁷⁸ or
> whatever. And even 5₂ and the like. There also is a difference between
> x and ×.
>
> However the most important feature of using the compose key is that you
> can assign it to anything you desire. The ideal key to use as compose key
> is (for obvious reasons) the CAPS-LOCK key.
>
> http://milkandtang.com/blog/2013/02/22/using-caps-lock-as-a-compose-key-in-xfce4/
> http://bapoumba.free.fr/?p=172
>
> This was just posted for future reference.
>
> houghi

Thanks, I already use the compose key system for words like fiancée and
garçon when I am writing in French. I have left the AltGr key as my
compose key, but I do know that I can change it easily.

I will take a look at your suggestion that the Caps Lock key is ideal
for this. Certainly I have never considered that key at all for that.

Neil