prohibit iconization?

Renaud OLGIATI (Ron) renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Mon Aug 5 19:42:16 CEST 2013

On Mon, 5 Aug 2013 19:25:13 +0200
houghi <houghi at houghi.org> wrote:

> What I often see with older people is that the older they get, the more
> they are afraid to make (or admit) mistakes. That might be the reason that
> learning is so hard when people get older: they are afraid to make
> mistakes, because we learn that making mistakes is bad.
>
> So if the people (regardless of their age) are willing to make mistakes
> and to learn, they will. If it is something they are required to do, so
> they can do something they want to (e.g. write an email) they are much
> less willing.

Some years back, I installed a Linux PC for an 80-years-old lady who wanted web-browsing, email (MUA, not the abomination known as web-mail) and Skype.

After it was complete, I clonezilla'ed the / partition, and told her to go happily, as I could restore her install in 15 minutes.

With this, she started using happily, without fear, and never buggered her system nor lost her data !

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                 Certains miroirs feraient mieux de réfléchir
                         avant de renvoyer une image.