prohibit iconization?

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sun Aug 4 19:45:25 CEST 2013

On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 05:57:04PM +0100, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM, Ulli Horlacher
> <framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
> > On Sat 2013-08-03 (14:51), houghi wrote:
> >
> >> If it is only so a person can visit websites, the best would be to use
> >> Opera as browser and use it in kiosk mode.
> >
> > No, my users should be able to use any program, but they shall not be able
> > to iconize windows, because they cannot find them anymore afterwards.
>
> Sounds to me like the best solution is a little user education?

Or show the Minimized Application Icons on the desktop instead of the
File and Launcher Icons. Also you can edit the menu with alacarte, so they
don't start anything they shouldn't without actualy removing the program.

Especialy they will not be able to change the settings.

Place a configured one in /etc/skel and each time you add a new user, that
is what they will get by default.

houghi
--
Quote correct 	(NL) http://www.briachons.org/art/quote/