GUI password changer

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Thu Apr 25 14:32:38 CEST 2013

Quoting "Ahau @porteus.org" <ajax.criterion at gmail.com>:

> If you're unable to find an existing prewritten solution, take a look
> at xdialog or gtkdialog, which would allow you to write your own gui
> front end to passwd as a bash script. ... if you'd like help, email
> me directly outside of the xfce list, as this would be off topic.

That's very interesting, as well as a generous offer, but I'm afraid
that I've had to be practical and make a compromise. I ended up
settling for kdepasswd, which in my Xfce environment meant accepting a
mere 85 dependencies. Consequently it may not start up very quickly,
but it works well and looks quite nice.

Cheers,

Jaap