ANNOUNCE: xfce4-mixer 4.9.0 released

Mikhail Efremov mikhefr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 17:30:54 CEST 2012

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:33:48 +0200 Guido Berhoerster wrote:
> * Mikhail Efremov <mikhefr at gmail.com> [2012-09-28 15:59]:
> > On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 17:31:50 +0200 Guido Berhoerster wrote:
> > > xfce4-mixer 4.9.0 is now available for download from
> >
> > Thanks for your work but please, use git tags to mark releases.
>
> In fact I did create a (lightweight) tag but it turns out that
> git (in all its intuitiveness) doesn't propagate them by default
> when pushing. Now I tried explicitly git push --tags, however a
> commit hook on git.xfce.org doesn't allow that and tells me to
> use an annotated tag.

As for as I know this is normal behavior.

> So to those more familiar with git and
> git.xfce.org, why is that, what should the tag contain, and how
> do I turn the existing, local lightweight tag into an annotated
> tag (if at all possible, from the docs it seems that this
> constitutes a changeset of its own for whatever reason)?

You can delete an existing unannotated tag and create a new annotated
one. Or use --force option and replace it (if you want to use the same
name). Something like this:

git tag -f -a -m'Tag the 4.9.0 release.' xfce4-mixer-4.9.0 [<commit> | <object>]

--
WBR, Mikhail Efremov