ANNOUNCE: xfce4-mixer 4.9.0 released

Guido Berhoerster gber at opensuse.org
Fri Sep 28 16:33:48 CEST 2012

* Mikhail Efremov <mikhefr at gmail.com> [2012-09-28 15:59]:
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 17:31:50 +0200 Guido Berhoerster wrote:
> > xfce4-mixer 4.9.0 is now available for download from
>
> Thanks for your work but please, use git tags to mark releases.

In fact I did create a (lightweight) tag but it turns out that
git (in all its intuitiveness) doesn't propagate them by default
when pushing. Now I tried explicitly git push --tags, however a
commit hook on git.xfce.org doesn't allow that and tells me to
use an annotated tag.  So to those more familiar with git and
git.xfce.org, why is that, what should the tag contain, and how
do I turn the existing, local lightweight tag into an annotated
tag (if at all possible, from the docs it seems that this
constitutes a changeset of its own for whatever reason)?
--
Guido Berhoerster