ANNOUNCE: midori 0.4.7 released

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 23:30:58 CEST 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 12:07 AM, Christian Dywan
<christian at twotoasts.de> wrote:
> gcr-3 upstream dropped support for GTK+2, so you have 2 choices:
>
> · Use --enable-gtk3 and build with GTK+3.
> · Get the patch in lp#1026441 to build GCR with GTK+2 support
>
> There's current lack of a maintainer for this patched GCR and upstream
> doesn't want to shoulder the work due to lack of manpower.

I tried to go the other way around, and forported libgcr 2.32.1 from
Natty to Precise [1] (under gnome-keyring). But strangely Midori still
doesn't detect the library:
Checking for gcr-3-gtk2 >= 2.32             : no

Does this approach make sense, and is it supposed to work? I assume
that the answer is no.

Liviu

[1] https://launchpad.net/~landronimirc/+archive/experimental/