trouble compiling plugins on Xubuntu Precise

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 07:48:43 CEST 2012

Dear all
I ran into trouble while trying to compile from source several Xfce
plugins (weather, screenshooter, cliplman). The trouble seems to boil
down to the way './autogen.sh' is being executed, but on my system it
fails reliably and I have no idea how to work around it. (Using
Xubuntu 12.04 Precise with automake 1.11.3 and Xfce 4.8.)

I've already posted on this issue with respect to the weather plugin
[1], but for clipman it gets worse:
>"/home/liv/Build/xfce4-clipman-plugin-1.2.3/autogen.sh"  (12075)
xdt-autogen: The directory doc does not contain
             the required files to run configure. See
             http://wiki.xfce.org/documentation for more information.
>"/home/liv/Build/xfce4-clipman-plugin-1.2.3/autogen.sh" (12075) returned '1'

>autoreconf -i  (12090)
autoreconf: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required
>autoreconf -i (12090) returned '1'

When I try to rerun the commands above nothing happens. I checked
http://wiki.xfce.org/documentation , but this specific issue doesn't
seem to be covered in either the FAQ or the building instructions.

Any ideas on what goes wrong and how to work around this? Regards
Liviu

[1] http://old.nabble.com/ANNOUNCE%3A-xfce4-weather-plugin-0.8.2-released-tp34422680p34427782.html

--
Do you know how to read?