Xfce with sawfish as wm

Guillaume Laville laville.guillaume at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 23:34:55 CEST 2012

2012/9/18 Maximilien Noal <noal.maximilien at gmail.com>

> However, I think it forces the other Xfce users of the machine to use the
> "other_wm" instead of xfwm4, which sucks...

Configuration files in /etc should not be edited directly (used as a
template).
The official tool to edit it per-user is xfconf-query, provided with xfconf:

xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -p /sessions/Failsafe/Client0_Command --set
sawfish

Be cautious: Depending of your session, xfwm4 may me Client0_Command,
Client1_Command, Client2_Command...
To verify which one has to be modified, the --set can be ommited to print
the current property value:

xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -p /sessions/Failsafe/Client0_Command

Regards,