Xfce with sawfish as wm

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Tue Sep 18 15:39:51 CEST 2012

I prefer using sawfish as window-manager with Xfce. Mostly
this works OK, except that the X screen looks chaotic at
start-up. This seems to be an effect of the order in which
programs are launched, with sawish starting after other
things.

In the Xfce "Sessions/Session and Startup" dialog I see
sawfish marked as Priority 247. I can go into the Priority
field and type "15" (which I gather is the right value for a
wm) but it immediately reverts to 247.

Other info: I'm starting Xfce 4.10 from the console via xinit.
I originally got sawfish to replace xfwm4 by doing "sawfish
--replace" in an Xfce session, and that much is being
remembered OK from session to session.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Allin Cottrell