xfce4-panel and multi-launchers

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Sun Sep 16 02:00:55 CEST 2012

On Sun, 16 Sep 2012, Esteban Gmail wrote:

> Il 15/09/2012 12:00, Allin Cottrell wrote:
>> I find myself clicking the arrow button and thinking "Where has A
>> gone?", where A is the first launcher I added. The answer, of
>> course, is that A is what you get by clicking on the "main" icon,
>> not the arrow -- but like I said, I don't find this intuitive.
>
> my solution is: duplicate the first app, substitute the icon of the first app
> with something that is about the specialized area of apps and substitute the
> command of first app with, for example, pwd or sleep 1 or anything you want.
> I did it with my de (http://tinyurl.com/clxmzr6).
> If you click on first icon doesn't happen nothing and you had to click on the
> little arrow to see the list of the apps...

Thanks for the suggestion -- I myself had tried a hack along those
lines -- but actually what Lili-Anne said ...

http://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce/2012-September/031275.html

was exactly what I was looking for, and missed, namely: go to the
Advanced tab under launcher properties and for "Arrow button
position" select "Inside Button". This makes a drawer-type thingy,
in which all the actual launchers appear as sub-entries.

I have to say that it's hard to guess that would be the effect, but
once you know it works fine.

Allin Cottrell