Automatic window tiling

Boris Hollas boris.hollas at gmx.de
Fri Sep 14 12:47:18 CEST 2012

There are a number of tiling window managers but so far I haven't
managed to smoothly run any of these in Xfce. Window decorations are
lost, sometimes panel and workspaces are gone or cease to work. I have
nice Mac-like window buttons that I want to keep although they aren't
that useful in a tiling WM. I had a look at KDE recently and I like the
integrated window tiling in KWin.

Is there a way to set up automatic window tiling (no manual tiling as in
x-tile) in Xfce without loosing window decorations and panel?

Regards,
Boris