ANNOUNCE: xfce4-weather-plugin 0.8.2 released

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Fri Sep 14 10:22:08 CEST 2012

Am 13.09.2012 22:20, schrieb Liviu Andronic:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM, Harald Judt <h.judt at gmx.at> wrote:
>> It can't find this file:
>>
>>> configure.ac:46: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Error-required-file-ltmain_002esh-not-found.html
>>
>> Try running "autoreconf -i" in the project dir, that should figure it out.
>>
>>From reading the above I understand that "autoreconf -i" should be
> used on a clean unpacked archive, but here it doesn't work. I unpacked
> 0.8.2 then did this:
>> autoreconf -i  (29468)
> autoreconf: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required
>> autoreconf -i (29468) returned '1'
>
> Then running ./autogen.sh gives an error similar to the "`./ltmain.sh'
> not found". Is this expected, or something that could be fixed?
>

> It does seem to work when I do as follows on a clean dir:
> ./autogen.sh [outputting the same error]
>
>> autoreconf -i  (30140)
> libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
> libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
> libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.ac and
> libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros in-tree.
> libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
>> autoreconf -i (30140) returned '0'
>
> ./autogen.sh [this time it proceeds without errors, only warnings, and
> runs ./configure as expected]
>
> However this last arrangement doesn't look to me as intended.
>

>> Can't remember I had to do that, though.
>>
> It seems that this affects users of recent versions of automake
> (>1.6). I use 1.11.3.
>
> Regards
> Liviu

I have several versions of automake installed together with some
wrapper, but for the plugin 1.12.3 was used. I wonder if this is only
specific to a certain version. If it is, then I think adding another
instruction step to the build instructions would do. If not, it will
need a fix. I will see how other plugins handle it, maybe that gives a clue.

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'