Darklooks theme for gtk3 apps?

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 23:45:05 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Sergio
> <sergiocmailbox-xfce at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>> Ops, the name of the dark version MediterraneanDark.
>> http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/MediterraneanNight?content=148398
>>
> For info, the author has just released an update to the theme. Now
> MediterraneanDark is _dark_ in both gtk2 and gtk3. It is somewhat
> similar to Darklooks, but mostly compatible UI-wise.

For those interested, I am now mixing MediterraneanDark for gtk3 apps
and Darklooks for gtk2 apps. To achieve this I simply copied
MediterraneanDark/gtk-3.0/ to Darklooks/gtk-3.0/. (Do the same for
user and root in ~/.themes/ .) So now when I change the theme to
Darklooks in Xfce > Settings > Appearance, both gtk2 (Darklooks) and
gtk3 (MediterraneanDark) apps are affected.

Both themes are easy on the eyes by using dark and light shades of
grey, but they're not quite alike. (Especially the flashy blue
selection colour in MediterraneanDark is very different from the one
in Darklooks.)

Regards
Liviu