three monitors with Xfce?

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Tue Oct 30 17:53:29 CET 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 09:15:15AM -0700, Ray Andrews wrote:
> Ha! Like so many of the 'features' coming down the road from KDE and
> Gnome, I want nothing to do with it. I want my screens to be each
> their own little world, with only the mouse moving between--but it
> would be nice to be able to drag things across, too.  The main thing
> is that when I change workspace on one  monitor, I want the other
> monitor to be unchanged.  I hate to say it, but XP does it exactly
> right for my taste.

Dragging across is possible with Xinerama. However the I can not change
from Workspace 1 to Workspace 2 on monitor 1, while watching a movie on
Workspace 1 on monitor 3.

For me that is more important then being able to drag things around.

I have no experience with XP, so no idea what that does.

It would be grat to be able to move programs live to different desktops.
GIMP does just that. You can select to have one image on DISPLAY 0.1 and
the other on 0.0

It would be grat if this was implemented into XFCE so you could move any
window to any DISLAY (and workspace) live.

houghi
--
"Unix never says 'please'."
					--Rob Pike