three monitors with Xfce?

Ray Andrews rayandrews at eastlink.ca
Tue Oct 30 17:15:15 CET 2012

On 30/10/12 01:45 AM, houghi wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 09:12:48PM -0700, Ray Andrews wrote:
> Being more specific about the driver might give others the opportunity
> to point you in the right direction.
> http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx might be a good
> start.
Thanks my man, but I'm not expecting that sort of help here, you guys
have enough work to do with genuine xfce issues :-)  ... still, I'd not
turn the help down ;-)
> As far as I can tell this is a feature, not a bug. KDE and GNOME treat
> all the screens as one big screen as if it were Xinerama. This is so
> all the 'beautifull' 3d stuff is shown. Perhaps there is a workaround
> or solution, but in the 10 minutes I looked, I found nothing.
Ha! Like so many of the 'features' coming down the road from KDE and
Gnome, I want nothing to do with it. I want my screens to be each their
own little world, with only the mouse moving between--but it would be
nice to be able to drag things across, too.  The main thing is that when
I change workspace on one  monitor, I want the other monitor to be
unchanged.  I hate to say it, but XP does it exactly right for my taste.