ANNOUNCE: xfce4-mixer 4.9.0 released

Sergio sergiocmailbox-xfce at yahoo.com.br
Fri Oct 26 14:43:15 CEST 2012

>> > - Remove UI for configuring the mixer command from the panel
>> > plugin
>> >   and assume xfce4-mixer, make the panel plugin context
>> > menu entry
>> >   for running the mixer more meaningful.
>>
>> I haven't tried this new version yet.
>> But I set mine to open pavucontrol, for instance. In my case I have more >use for it than xfce4-mixer.
>> This feature has just been dropped?
>
>No, just the UI, you can configure it via xfconf now.
>--
>Guido Berhoerster

May I ask that this option be added to the 'Properties' dialogue?
Updated today to xfce4-mixer 4.10 and no one would ever know what to do to change the default mixer app for the panel plugin.
There isn't an xfconf channel property for that. You could answer me how to add one here but a new user would have no way to know.

Then, just for completeness' sake, if I add something else other than xfce4-mixer (like pavucontrol) then the right-click context menu would show 'Run PulseAudio Volume Control' instead of 'Run Audio Mixer', right?
I mean that entry should read the desktop file for the defined mixer and not be hard-coded (not saying it is as I haven't obviously changed the default mixer to open yet).