finding the right app

Ray Andrews rayandrews at eastlink.ca
Fri Oct 19 18:16:10 CEST 2012

On 19/10/12 08:41 AM, houghi wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 09:41:48AM +0200, e-letter wrote:
>> Solved, by installation of 'xfce-appfinder'.
Speaking of finding apps, that reminds me.  Why is it that, if you click
on some file with an extension that xfce doesn't know what to do with, a
dialogue box pops up and tells you that you need to select an
application to open it (that's all just as it should be of course) but
when you select 'browse' you get dumped to the root of your filesystem?
Would it not be better if it offered you a list of possible apps?  Or am
I doing something wrong?