terminals show up anywhere.

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Sat Nov 24 03:35:35 CET 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-23 at 09:50 -0800, Ray Andrews wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> This isn't a huge issue,  but someone might have a comment anyway: So
> the 'sessions' bug--when it happens what I've taken to doing is having a
> backup session with my essential stuff open where I like it. I just copy
> that over the files in .cache/sessions and it works fine.  However, part
> of this 'default session' is having five Terminals open-- 0 and 1 on
> left monitor 2 and 3 in the center, and 4 on the right monitor.  When I
> restore my default, I get all five Terminals, but their numbers are all
> mixed up.  I get used to having them where I expect them to be, so this
> is a bit of a nuisance.  Can anything be done?
> Come to think of it Opera and Thunderbird tend to move themselves around
> as well, but that doesn't bother me.

Devil's Pie... devilspie?

Debian English Description:

Description-en: find windows and perform actions on them
This tool will find windows as they are created and perform actions
on them, such as resizing, moving to another workspace, or pinning
them to all workspaces.

Homepage: http://burtonini.com/blog/computers/devilspie

Those are just a few things it does.

Cheers.
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."
    -- William Ralph Inge