Removing akonadi

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 13:43:20 CET 2012

One reason for moving to Xfce from KDE was to get away from akonadi
which can cause problems. Installing Maya Xfce I expected that akonadi
would not be present. It is. Checking I find that the reason seems to be
that I use kalarm and kgpg. Apparently these require akonadi.

So is this true? If I remove akonadi will these packages fail? And if so
can I replace kgpg with a package which will encrypt my files as well as
kgpg but without needing akonadi.

I can easily replace kalarm of course, it is kgpg which is the query.

Thanks

Neil