bug

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sun Nov 18 09:01:42 CET 2012

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 02:51:47PM -0800, Ray Andrews wrote:
>     Well ... maybe it's normal to specify everything ahead of time like that,
>     but my inclination is to start simple and provide more and more info as it
>     may be needed while homing in on the problem.

When I file a bugreport, I will try to be as specific as possible. It
shows that you have already done some thinking and tinkering and you are
not wasting the time of the people who are trying to solve the bug.

>     Anyway, here's the short version:
>
>     Version is 4.8.  Distro is LMDE.  I made myself a custom theme yesterday
>     and it works fine, however, on restarting xfce the four buttons on the
>     titlebar show up black but only in the active window and only on one of my
>     three monitors.

In this case I would myself start thinking not about a bug, but about
something I did wrong in the theme. I would make the theme public and see
if others get the same issues and see if people can correct any issues.

So make your theme public, let people check it out and work from there.

houghi
--
Nutze die Zeit. Sie ist das Kostbarste, was wir haben, denn
es  ist unwiederbringliche Lebenszeit.  Leben ist aber mehr