bug

Worrier Poet Worrier.Poet at comcast.net
Sat Nov 17 23:17:05 CET 2012

On 11/17/2012 04:20 PM, Ray Andrews wrote:
> I think I found a bug with themes, how do I file a proper report? I can
> of course just mention it here.

You need to get your ducks in a row.

;-)

Under which distribution are you running Xfce? For instance, I run Xfce
as my desktop environment for Debian testing (Wheezy). Telling us the
distribution and the version of the distribution is the first step. So,
Debian Squeeze, Wheezy, or Sid...or Xubuntu 12.x...or whatever.

Then we need to know which version of Xfce you're running -- 4.6, 4.8, 4.10.

Then you need to let us know exactly what the problem is and how to
reproduce it. You should also include information on any special
customizations you've made to your system and whether you are using open
source video drivers or proprietary ones. It might also be useful to
tell us if you have more than one desktop environment installed.

Any problem with Xfce theming in any given environment may be caused by
the way package maintenance for Xfce and its dependencies is handled in
that distribution. So you may want to report your findings to the
package maintainers for Xfce in the distro instead of directly to Xfce
upstream.

If you describe your problem here and others are able to reproduce the
issue within the same and other distros, then it's more likely a matter
for Xfce's developers themselves.

Many distros (like Debian with reportbug) have their own applications
specifically designed for reporting bugs within the distro. That can
make it easier to gather and send the data to the correct recipients.

I hope this is helpful.

the worrier