New distro - and logging off

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Sat Nov 17 12:46:56 CET 2012

Recently I replaced my old distro with Mint Maya Xfce. So far I have
been very pleased. This is especially so re the speed, it is incredibly
fast compared to any I have used before.

Except for one instance, logging off. When, at the desktop, I choose to
shut down the computer it just sits there for about 55 seconds. (The
first couple of times I thought something was wrong.) Then it suddenly
shows a couple of lines of text and then closes down.

Since everything else is so fast I cannot understand why this should
take so long. I am a bit baffled as to where to look. What can it be
doing for all this time? Of course this may be a Mint problem rather
than Xfce.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Neil