Several Questions - Applicatios Menu adn Automount

Stephen P. Molnar s.molnar at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 16 16:09:45 CET 2012

I have several questions that I should like to pose to the mailing list.

I have just implemented xfce4 on my Debian Testing installation on a VM

on my laptop.  I have become disenchanted with KDE and have never really

liked Gnome.

My impressions of xfce4 is very favorable, but I have several questions.

1. Is it possible for me to the Application Menu?  I have a number of

applications that have inserted items in the Application Menu, but I

would like to group them under a common heading.  This was a simple

matter in KDE, but Google hasn't helped me with xfce4.

2. I can't seem to configure auto-mounting for either CDROM's or USB

sticks.  What do I need besides the Removable Drives and Media

application?

3.  Where can I edit menu selections in gdm?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.                                    Life is a fuzzy
set

Foundation for Chemistry                                   Stochastic and
multivariate

www.FoundationForChemistry.com

(614)312-7528 (c)

Skype:  smolnar1