Xfce and my printer

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Fri Nov 16 13:36:40 CET 2012

I have now installed and set up Maya Xfce on my computer. So far mostly
so good. But there are some questions about the printer.

In my last distro (Mint KDE) there was a choice for 'Printer' in the
system settings page. I could choose that and there were various options
such as clean print heads, print a test page etc.

I can't find anything like that in Maya, so I suppose I must use
escputil. Is that correct? It is not a GUI program, which is OK, but I
am wondering if there are any other suggestions please.

To check the ink levels I have been using mtink. I have installed it but
I am having some problems at the moment, but that program is just to
check levels.

Any help much appreciated,

Neil