Suggestion: Change leafpad for pluma

jEsuSdA 8) listas at jesusda.com
Fri Nov 16 10:38:45 CET 2012

El 16/11/12 10:11, Michał Olber escribió:
> Better use Geany :)
> http://mate-desktop.org/2012/11/09/pluma-vs-geany-lite/

As you can see and as you can read I told, Geany is very appreciated by
"developers" but I think is not the kind of text editor a "normal user"
could find friendly.

The thing is:

1 - XFCE can still using Leafpad, but the XFCE users do not do that, and
they uses Geany, Gedit, or whatever else. So, What sense has to bring an
app nobody cares?

2 - As you suggest, people may use Geany. This is the same as 1. Maybe,
then, XFCE could discuss about replacing Leafpad for Geany.

3 - As I suggest, XFCE could replace Leafpad with Pluma. And maybe join
efforts with Mate people to mantain it.

4 - Maybe, if Geany Lite is released (Geany Lite there no actually
exists, it is only a Mate idea), could be used instead Leafpad or Pluma,
and XFCE could join efforts with Mate people to mantain.

The point is that I think Leafpad does not bring so much functionality
to be used for many people. And maybe continue its development requires
so much time and resources to still bringing a text editor who does not
bring the functionality expected.

How many work and time is needed to bring Leafpad the functionality
Pluma has yet?

I think baybe using other text editor could save time, resources and
bring users a better experience making XFCE more complete and useful.

Excuse me if not explain well enough. ;)