border sensitivity

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Thu Nov 15 23:58:29 CET 2012

Hi Ray,

Ray Andrews, 15.11.2012 06:15:
> I recently upgraded my video card, and this one offers fantastic
> resolution.  The problem is that when you try to grab an edge of a
> window there seems to be no allowable proximity, so you need to move the
> pointer to the exact pixel of the edge of the window.

As Sergio points out, this highly depends on the Xfwm4 theme. Only the
visible pixels in its XPM files for the borders are clickable. You can
always modify them to increase the width or choose a different theme
which comes with wider borders.

An alternative is resizing via Alt+right mouse button. With this you can
click anywhere to resize windows.

With newer GTK versions windows don’t need to have a status bar to have
a resize grip so that also helps.

Regards, Mathias