border sensitivity

Ray Andrews rayandrews at eastlink.ca
Thu Nov 15 17:46:10 CET 2012

On 15/11/12 08:31 AM, Sergio wrote:
> On 11/15/2012 01:55 PM, Ray Andrews wrote:
>> On 14/11/12 09:31 PM, Silvio Knizek wrote:
>>> Well, you could use alt + right mouse click anywhere in the window to
>>> resize it. Other possibilities are abailable, too.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>> I never could get that to work :-(
>
> You couldn't. To resize the window the shortcut is Alt+F8
> (Alt+left-click moves the window).

Well that is much more useful :-)

But, just to comment, it would be very easy to remember if Alt+left
moved, and Alt+right resized.

Anyway, that works well enough that maybe I can forget about window
borders. A while back, I lost all my borders, just recently the bottom
border came back all by itself, but still no left-right borders.  God
knows who is in charge of this.  I mean which layer of software.  When I
have overlapping windows, having no borders is quite a bother.