Nepomuk and Akonadi

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 19:50:19 CET 2012

On 14/11/12 18:20, abhixecutor at gmail.com wrote:

>     Thanks for the very quick replies. The answer is as I hoped. I am fed up
>     with KDE, Gnome, Cinnamon etc which are getting too bloated for me. Also
>     it will mean that all the computers at home are running the same
>     desk top.
>
>     Now I have to finally decide between Mint Maya Xfce and Xubuntu. At the
>     moment Mint is winning.
>
>     Regards
>
>     Neil
> if you really want a completely bloat free xfce then Archlinux +xfce is
> the way to go ...
> user has absolute control....

Have not seen that one. I did not realise that Arch had an Xfce version,
but I have been told that Arch is rather difficult to set up. (To answer
a possible question, I have used Linux for about 12 years now so I am
reasonably practised at it. And I am quite happy to use the terminal
screen.)

My current distro on my desktop is out of date so I need to update soon.
I have checked several distros via VBox and have settled on Mint Xfce at
the moment. My computer is fairly new and powerful so I do not need to
worry about bloat from a speed point of view, it is just that so much of
all those extra program I don't use anyway.

I will check out Arch on distrowatch and see what gives.

Thanks

Neil