Slow scrolling in Terminal is a hijack!

Ray Andrews rayandrews at eastlink.ca
Mon Nov 12 21:03:33 CET 2012

On 12/11/12 10:29 AM, Ray Andrews wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> Shift+Arrow scrolling in Terminal is painfully slow, maybe one line
> per second.  I've been making a whole lot of changes to my hardware
> recently, and I don't recall the scrolling being that slow previously,
> so maybe this is some hardware issue, or some setting or other somehow
> got changed, but it seems unlikely since all other programs scroll at
> a good speed.  I've tinkered with the preferences for Terminal but
> nothing changes. Anything I can try to speed things up? What is a bit
> confusing is that I recently got all three of my monitors working
> under the GUI, and Terminal scrolls at a good speed on the single head
> monitor, but slow on the dual head.  But, only Terminal is slow on the
> dual head, so I'm not sure if I should blame the video card.
>
> Thoughts?

Ooops,  I just got a private msg. explaining to me that what I've done
here is a 'hijack'.  My apologies to all, I had thought that just
changing the subject line was all I had to do to start a new thread.
Apart from the subject line, I can't see how one email is assigned to
any thread, but however that works, I now understand that I must not use
'reply' if it's a new thread. Pardon me.