I'd like to see Nautilus with all of it's features become the filing system manager.

Mike Perry mike at cogsmos.com
Sun Nov 11 18:27:15 CET 2012

Shane,

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'm a bit confused on
your motivation here. Thunar is an integrated part of XFCE and is an
active project at that. Nautilus is not an XFCE application at all,
but part of the Gnome project. There isn't any reason why you cannot
install Nautilus and use it on your own system though.

Perhaps this thread would be a bit more constructive if you expressed
what part of Nautilus you like that Thunar is missing. Also, what part
of Thunar makes it feel like a "pet project that is well past it's use
by date".

/*
 * Mike Perry
 * mike at cogsmos.com