mousepad geometry

Ray Andrews rayandrews at eastlink.ca
Sat Nov 3 20:02:53 CET 2012

On 02/11/12 10:21 PM, Greg Folkert wrote:
> Uh... *what*... if you are root already, why would it prompt you for
> SUDO? I mean... huh?

It doesn't make much sense to me either but here's an example:

root hewitt-sda2-LMDE /home/ray $  gedit /etc/fstab

(gedit:5862): EggSMClient-WARNING **: Failed to connect to the session
manager: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication
protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed

** (gedit:5862): WARNING **: Could not connect to session bus

... as you see, I am root, and that's the msg. I get trying to edit
fstab.  Mousepad gives me no such grief.  Perhaps this is fixable with
gedit?