Registering self-compiled xfce4-weather-plugin

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Fri Nov 2 11:15:40 CET 2012

Am 01.11.2012 18:12, schrieb Morten Bo Johansen:
> Hi,
>
> I have compiled the xfce4-weather-plugin 0.8.2 and installed it
> under /usr/local. After having restarted xfce I wanted to add
> it to the panel from the panel menu, but it is not listed among
> the available plugins. How do I get xfce to register a plugin
> under /usr/local?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Morten

Good question. Is this actually supported by the panel (i.e. does it
look somewhere in /usr/local), or would it be necessary to configure and
install the panel in /usr/local as well?

@Morten Bo Johansen: If there's no better way, you might try putting the
libweather.so file into the appropriate directory in /usr where the
other plugins are installed, like /usr/lib64/xfce4/panel/plugins/, and
leave the rest of the package in /usr/local. This should work too but is
of course not exactly what you desire and not a clean solution.

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'