Starting thunar under awesomewm (was "Automatic window tiling")

Jarmo Hurri jarmo.hurri at syk.fi
Thu Nov 1 19:47:35 CET 2012

>  I like awesome, works great for me

Greetings.

I would also like to start using awesome together with parts of
Xfce. However, my current problem is getting awesome to work with
thunar, which I would need to automatically mount removable drives.

I can start thunar under awesomewm by executing

thunar --daemon

However, if I then plug a USB stick into a slot I get a bunch of errors
from thunar-volman. These are of the type

thunar-volman: Unsupported USB device type.

I tried to follow some instructions on this page:

but they did not really help.

Which services need to be running before thunar-volman works correctly?
Or is there another way to combine awesomewm with thunar?

--

Jarmo