thunar-volman's automount broken in Fedora, does it work somewhere else?

sergiocmailbox-xfce at yahoo.com.br sergiocmailbox-xfce at yahoo.com.br
Wed May 30 23:30:48 CEST 2012

Auto-mount doesn't work in Fedora 17 with neither thunar-volman 0.6.0 (Xfce 4.8) nor thunar-volman 0.8.0 (Xfce 4.10).
I mean in 'Settings > Removable Drives and Media' > 'Mount removable drives when hot-plugged', 'Mount removable media when inserted' and 'Browse removable media when inserted', for instance.

I tested in the official spin which has GDM and in my installation which uses LXDM.
gnome-settings-daemon has a 'gnome-fallback-mount-helper' service that, if enabled, can be configured with dconf-editor and works as expected (for auto-mount and auto-browse)*.

I suspect it's a thunar-volman issue and would open a bug report but I would like to know if anyone has it working for auto-mount so we can see if it's a Fedora issue or if it's a thunar-volman issue.

* I mention this because if thunar-volman is broken, that GNOME service is something to look at because it works.

Cheers.