Question about thunar-volman.

sergiocmailbox-xfce at yahoo.com.br sergiocmailbox-xfce at yahoo.com.br
Mon May 28 13:22:36 CEST 2012

Hi.
I had posted with a wrong email address so I'll quote my post and add further observations:
"I installed Fedora 17 from a minimal system and then Xfce4.10 from Kevin Fenzi's repo. I'm using LXDM as the login manager.
Neither Thunar nor thunar-volman brought gvfs automatically as a dependency. Here I have:
gvfs.i686
gvfs-afc.i686
gvfs-afp.i686
gvfs-archive.i686
gvfs-devel.i686
gvfs-fuse.i686
gvfs-gphoto2.i686
gvfs-obexftp.i686
gvfs-smb.i686
(all versions 1.12.3-1.fc17).
Which ones are needed for basic Trash/volman functionality?
gvfs and gvfs-fuse?"
- This I found out that just installing gvfs is enough for Trash support. If anybody has any observations to what other gvfs components could be useful, feel free to reply (I guess some are useful for cameras or other devices, for instance).

Another thing is what's the difference between 'removable drives' and 'removable media' in thunar-volman?
I guess 'removable drive' would be like a portable HD and 'removable media' a USB thumb-drive but why are they treated differently?
This question is just to understand better (and also to know which box to check to test auto-mount as I don't have a portable HD, just a simple thumb-drive).

Regards.